Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Shmalentines

Let me just start off by saying something ironic.

The day set aside to celebrate LOVE is the one I HATE the most.

And I know what you're all thinking.

"Emma-Leigh obviously didn't have a valentine!"

...Which is true, but it's not the reason I hate Valentine's Day.

Why is it that we have to have a special day set aside to tell everyone we love them?

Shouldn't we do that anyway?

I think that you should tell people you love them EVERY DAY.

And strive to make loved ones happy EVERY DAY.

Tell people how much they mean to you EVERY DAY.

I mean flowers and chocolate are nice...but they are only temporary.

I want an ETERNAL Valentine's Day...and more importantly, an ETERNAL Valentine.

One who will look me in the eye EVERY DAY and say he loves me. ♥

One who will NEVER leave me. ♥

One who will watch a Suns game with me and keep the negative comments to a minimum. ♥

One who will help me do the dishes. ♥

One who is willing to do nothing and be satisfied, just as long as he's with me. ♥

Does this man exist?

Eh....maybe. I'm probably going to have to fudge a little on the Suns and dishes.

3 comments:

  1. You r so right! We should tell people every day that we love them! Very well said, thank you Emma-Leigh. This your Aunt Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can get a man to do anything for you (even the dishes!) as long as you make him feel like he is the most important person in the world. So I'm pretty sure your perfect man is out there! And, as for the suns you just need to marry an Arizonan! (Or someone with close ties to AZ!:) As for Valentines Day, I do love it, but I agree with you as well, we should make sure that everyone we love knows it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for living what you preach. I know you love me because you tell me. I love you too. Your perfect valentine is out there somewhere. You're just too young yet to find him.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...