Lose weight: Lost 10 pounds by my birthday. Gained it back. And it's still here. But hey, at least I didn't gain more!
Eat less sugar: I did really well for 2 months. Then I really wanted a cookie.
No more pop: I did so well on this one! I definitely did have some pop, but I think it was like...4 for the year, so I'm counting it as a success. The only pop I crave anymore is Root Beer, but I have stayed away!
This year I have decided to give some other goals a shot.
- Start and maintain a budget. I have been so horrible in the past. I just want to get to the point where I know where my money is and how much I have. It's going to be a tough one, but hopefully this will be a learning experience for me.
- Study more. Goodness knows I'll need it in the future. This one will require a lot of self control. I really hate studying. I'm not very good at it. I guess that comes from my high school years of never opening a book and still being the valedictorian of my class...
- Index 10,000 names and arbitrate 30,000 names. In the past I've done really well with indexing and arbitrating, but I have basically done equal numbers of both. This is me trying to focus more on arbitrating while still setting a lofty goal for myself.
- Don't eat out so much. I do it a lot...especially during finals week and stuff like that. I'm hoping that my budget goal will help a lot with this.
- Expand my horizons. This one is kind of one that is open to interpretation. Basically I don't want to do everything the same all the time. Not ordering the same thing off the menu every time I go to a restaurant, put together a new outfit out of the clothes I already own rather than buying a new outfit, sit by people at church I don't normally sit by. Things like that!
- Blog more. I really do enjoy blogging. I just never found the time to do it and fell really far behind and then didn't want to catch up...so I've decided that I'm just not going to catch up and start from where I'm at haha. I have recently passed the 2000 day mark in my Prayer-Journal-Scripture Study, so expect a post about that soon! I just need to be back in Poky where I have access to my other journals.
So there you go! If my #6 goes well, I should be doing a follow up in about a year :) Hope to see you all then!
No comments:
Post a Comment